Cannondale Topstone Bikes & Framesets For Sale
Shop new & used Cannondale Topstone bikes, framesets bikes at TPC - The Pro's Closet. Find reviews, specs, weight info, and prices on various models (Carbon, Aluminum, Lefty 1) and popular years (2021, 2022, etc). Read our Cannondale Topstone Quick-Take Review below.
Bikes are meant
to be used.
Cannondale is committed to gravel in a way that few are. They have two lines, the racing-oriented SuperSix Evo SE and the everything-else Topstone. The Topstone comes in carbon and aluminum, with options including a motor-assist (Neo), wired for lights (RLE), and with a Lefty fork and 650b wheels. All Topstones are capable depending on how your Topstone comes set up, it might favor racing, all-road riding, commuting, bikepacking, or drop bar mountain biking.
Cannondale keeps its naming conventions simple. The “1” signifies the most premium parts spec for a build. So, the Topstone Carbon 1 has the best component spec. The Carbon Lefty 1 features a Lefty fork, 700c wheels, and a SmartSense lighting system. And, as is typical for Cannondale, their Topstone 1 and Topstone Carbon 105 nearly compete on price.
Topstone 3 Carbon Lefty - Weight, Specs, Pricing
2022 Topstone Carbon 3 Lefty (M)
Shimano GRX (1x11)
When the Topstone Carbon was released, two essential design hallmarks seemed to be the Kingpin seatstay pivot to provide subtle, active suspension complemented with a carbon-fiber seatpost. Then, they offered the off-road option of the Lefty, harking back to their departed Slate. Cannondale added aluminum frames to make the bike more accessible (losing the Kingpin and carbon post) and the Neo pedelec motor for those looking for a little boost to their rides.
Cannondale Topstone Curated 3rd Party Reviews
Road Bike Action
2021 CANNONDALE TOPSTONE CARBON LEFTY 3 GRAVEL BIKE REVIEW - Road Bike Action
"Overall, the Cannondale Topstone Carbon Lefty 3 is a fun bike. Yes, a tad on the heavy side, but with some slight changes could be made lighter. Topstone Carbon Lefty 3..."
Cannondale Topstone Carbon Lefty 1 2021 first ride review – gravelling on cloud 9?
"Cannondale have equipped their Topstone platform with a suspension fork for the new Topstone Carbon Lefty 1. Can this scintillating bike convince us on the trails and do small 650B wheels make sense on gravel? Find all the details and our first ride review here."
Cannondale Topstone Carbon Lefty 1 review
"The Cannondale Topstone Carbon Lefty 1 promises extra control and comfort thanks to the KingPin system at the rear and the Lefty suspension fork up front."
Cannondale Topstone Carbon Lefty 1
"Fast, light gravel ripper with top-notch equipment and useful suspension tech"
2022 Cannondale Topstone Review - A TPC Quick-Take
Whether traversing gravel paths or navigating city streets, understanding the nuances of the Cannondale Topstone will help you unlock its potential as a multifaceted companion. Read on for our Quick-take review to help you do just that.
- Off-road performance: the Topstone shines off-road with its high-volume, grippy tires, and relaxed geometry. The hydraulic disc brakes offer control on descents, and the 2 x 11 drivetrain provides a good gear range for all terrains.
- Comfort and versatility: offers a smooth ride over rough gravel and is comfortable for road and city commuting, with features like fender mounts for versatility.
- Quality frame and geometry: the carbon frame and fork have well-executed cable routing and clean lines. It also has ample clearance for larger tires (650x47) and several mounting locations for accessories. The longer wheelbase and slacker head tube angle than a traditional road bike adds stability on rough terrain.
- Diverse model range: Cannondale offers several models of the Topstone, ranging from the budget-friendly Topstone Carbon 3 to the high-end Carbon 1 model with electronic shifting, catering to a wide range of budgets and preferences.
- Additional Features: the bike includes a full carbon fork, tubeless-ready WTB Riddler tires, and mounts for various accessories.
- Less effective on-road: while it handles well on pavement, it lacks the explosiveness and nimble feel of a dedicated road bike. The knobby WTB tires, while great off-road, are not ideal for on-road use and can affect speed and confidence in high-speed turns.
- Climbing abilities: the climbing performance is not stellar, some experts polled it can feel sluggish on climbs, especially the alloy models due to their moderate weight.
- Component limitations: some issues were raised about the rims being heavy and not staying true over time. Additionally, the internal cable routing can be noisy, and there were suggestions for improvements in the bottom bracket and shifters.
The Topstone is praised for its off-road capabilities and versatility, making it a suitable choice for gravel, commuting, and winter riding. Its comfortable geometry contributes to a positive riding experience. However, its on-road performance and climbing abilities are somewhat limited, and some components may require upgrades for optimal use. Overall, it's an undoubtedly well-regarded bike offering a balance between price and features.
Shop all Cannondale bikes!
Local to Colorado? Come visit us at our Louisville, CO Bike Store!