Your bike ships fast for a $94.99 flat rate.
Rocky Mountain Instinct Carbon 50 Mountain Bike - 2022, X-Small
Recommended Rider Height: 4'10" - 5'2" Sizing Guide
- Bikes arrive tuned and mostly pre-assembled
- Torque tool & video guide included
- Get riding in 15 minutes
We'll happily purchase this bike back from you when you're ready for your next upgrade. A TPC buyback offer is guaranteed for 18 month on all qualifying bikes.
If this bike isn't perfect for you, our Ride Guides will help you find the right one.
Unicorn In The Rockies
Why We Love It
- If you’re looking for one mountain bike that does it all, the Instinct is Rocky Mountain’s solution. It splits the difference between the lightweight Element and Altitude enduro bike. This means it has enough travel to tackle gnarly trails while remaining efficient for climbs. Want to learn more?
- Read Our Guide
- Bike is new and unridden.
- Bike is covered by manufacturers’ warranties.
- Bike is spec'd with a 29" fork by Rocky Mountain and is within their max Axle-to-Crown height range.
|Frame Material||Carbon Fiber|
|Drivetrain||Shimano, 1x12 spd|
|Weight||31 lbs 1 oz|
|Fork||FOX Performance Series 36 FLOAT Grip|
|Rear Shock||FOX Performance Series FLOAT DPS|
|Rear Shock Travel||140mm|
|Brakes||Shimano SLX M7120, Disc Brakes - Hydraulic|
|Shifters||Shimano XT M8100, Mechanical|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano XT M8100|
|Bottom Bracket Shell||Press fit|
|Crankset||Race Face Aeffect Cinch, 32t, 165mm|
|Cassette||Shimano SLX M7100, 10-51t|
|Handlebar||Rocky Mountain AM Alloy, 780mm|
|Stem||Rocky Mountain AM Alloy, 35.0mm x 40mm, 5°|
|Seatpost||Rocky Mountain Toonie Dropper, 30.9mm|
|Saddle||WTB Volt Race|
|Front Axle Spacing||15x110mm (Thru-Axle)|
|Rear Axle Spacing||12x148mm Boost|
|Wheelset||WTB ST Light i30 TCS 2.0 Aluminum Tubeless Ready , Front: Rocky Mountain / Rear: DT Swiss 370|
|Front Tire||Maxxis Minion DHF MaxxTerra EXO+ TR, 27.5" x 2.5"|
|Rear Tire||Maxxis Minion DHR II MaxxTerra EXO+ TR, 27.5" x 2.4"|
|Tubeless Compatibility||Wheels are tubeless compatible but ships with tubes installed|
|Recommended Rider Height||
4'10" - 5'2"
|a. Effective Top Tube||551mm, 548mm (Slackest, Steepest)|
|b. Seat Tube||355 mm|
|c. Seat Tube Angle||76.3°, 77.6° (Slackest, Steepest)|
|d. Head Tube Angle||65.3°, 66.6° (Slackest, Steepest)|
|e. Head Tube||90 mm|
|f. Stack||585mm, 576mm (Slackest, Steepest)|
|g. Reach||408mm, 421mm (Slackest, Steepest)|
|h. Standover Height||754mm, 761mm (Slackest, Steepest)|
|i. Saddle Height Range||N/A|
Need Advice? Ask a Ride Guide
Our Ride Guide team is based in the U.S. and staffed with former bike mechanics, bike shop managers, and other certified bike nerds. Get expert advice on calibrating fit, deciding between models, or chat through any other questions.