Your bike ships fast for a $94.99 flat rate.
Evil Following GX I9 Hydra Mountain Bike - 2021, Medium
Recommended Rider Height: 5'8" - 6'0" Sizing Guide
- Bikes arrive tuned and mostly pre-assembled
- Torque tool & video guide included
- Get riding in 15 minutes
We'll happily purchase this bike back from you when you're ready for your next upgrade. A TPC buyback offer is guaranteed for 18 month on all qualifying bikes.
If this bike isn't perfect for you, our Ride Guides will help you find the right one.
Why We Love It
- The Following is Evil’s take on a short-travel trail bike. It keeps weight to a minimum and doesn’t go too long or slack. That means the Following is quick and playful, and it can climb faster than it descends. It's perfect for riders who value pedaling efficiency for big days in the saddle or the occasional XC race. But the Following is more capable than a standard XC bike. The 120mm of travel is extra progressive and poppy, so riders can attack berms, gaps, and rock gardens at speeds that other 120mm bikes wouldn’t dare attempt. Want to learn more?
- Read Our Guide to Evil
- 120mm trail bike that performs way above its weight class
- Lightweight carbon frame and steep seat tube angle make it a wicked fast climber
- Geometry designed to be forgiving so you can push the limits of fun and still feel safe
- DELTA suspension linkage is dialed for grippy climbing and floaty descents
- Bike is new and unridden.
- Frame is covered by the manufacturer's warranty.
|Frame Material||Carbon Fiber|
|Drivetrain||SRAM, 1x12 spd|
|Weight||29 lbs 15 oz|
|Fork||Rockshox Pike Ultimate Charger 2 RC2|
|Rear Shock||Rockshox Deluxe Ultimate RCT Debonair|
|Rear Shock Travel||120mm|
|Brakes||SRAM G2 RS, Disc Brakes - Hydraulic|
|Shifters||SRAM GX Eagle, Mechanical|
|Rear Derailleur||SRAM GX Eagle|
|Bottom Bracket Shell||Threaded|
|Crankset||SRAM GX Eagle DUB SUPERBOOST+, 32t, 170mm|
|Cassette||SRAM XG-1275 Eagle, 10-52t|
|Handlebar||Evil Boomstick 7075 Alloy, 810mm|
|Headset||Cane Creek Forty integrated|
|Stem||Evil 12 Gauge Alloy, 35.0mm x 45mm, 6°|
|Seatpost||Bike Yoke Revive, 30.9mm|
|Saddle||WTB Volt Medium|
|Front Axle Spacing||15x110mm (Thru-Axle)|
|Rear Axle Spacing||12x157mm Super Boost|
|Wheelset||Industry Nine Enduro S Hydra Aluminum Tubeless Ready , Industry Nine|
|Front Tire||Maxxis Minion DHF EXO TR, 29" x 2.5"|
|Rear Tire||Maxxis Minion DHF EXO TR, 29" x 2.3"|
|Tubeless Compatibility||Bike ships tubeless|
|Recommended Rider Height||
5'8" - 6'0"
|a. Effective Top Tube||611 mm|
|b. Seat Tube||432 mm|
|c. Seat Tube Angle||76, 75.5 (Low, X-Low)|
|d. Head Tube Angle||66.9, 66.4 (Low, X-Low)|
|e. Head Tube||110 mm|
|f. Stack||604 mm|
|g. Reach||460 mm|
|h. Standover Height||666 mm|
|i. Saddle Height Range||N/A|
Need Advice? Ask a Ride Guide
Our Ride Guide team is based in the U.S. and staffed with former bike mechanics, bike shop managers, and other certified bike nerds. Get expert advice on calibrating fit, deciding between models, or chat through any other questions.