Cannondale Synapse Bikes & Framesets For Sale
Shop new & used Cannondale Synapse bikes and framesets at TPC - The Pro's Closet. Find reviews, specs, weight info, prices and size charts on various models (Carbon, Hi-MOD) and popular years (2020, 2021, etc). Read our Cannondale Synapse Quick-Take Review below.
Bikes are meant
to be used.
Cannondale Synapse Carbon 3 L - Weight, Price, Specs
2023 Synapse Carbon 3 L (56cm)
Shimano 105 (2x11)
As the endurance ride, it utilizes a higher reach, shorter stack, slightly longer wheelbase, and rough-road comfort thanks to larger tire clearance. In the past, the Synapse has seen action in cobblestone classics under Peter Sagan and several other Cannondale teams. The Synapse has gained tire clearance over the years, thanks to rotor disc brakes. The 2022 iteration allows for tires up to 35mm wide, meaning it can perform ably as a gravel whip.
New for 2022 is Smartsense. A battery-powered light and radar system; Smartsense tells you when cars are approaching and changes characteristics to warn oncoming cars of your presence.
Cannondale Synapse 3rd Party Reviews
Cannondale Synapse Hi-Mod Disc Dura-Ace Di2
"Fast, smooth and fun, the new Synapse is an exceedingly good endurance bike"
Cannondale Synapse Hi-Mod Disc Red eTap review
"Cannondale’s endurance machine packs in more than just a comfortable ride"
All bikes are technically unisex, ranging from 48cm (fits 4’11” to 5’2”) to 60cm (fits 6’3” to 6’5”). Depending on the model variant, the Cannondale Synapse's fit range is between 5'2" and 6'3". Check our road bike sizing guide to take accurate measurements based on your height, pick the right size, find the right saddle height, and geek out on frame geometry.
2022 Cannondale Synapse Review - A TPC Rider's Quick Take
For those familiar with the romance of road cycling, the Cannondale Synapse is not just another name on a long list of endurance bikes. It’s a legend that has developed a cult following for its blend of performance and comfort.
- Endurance geometry: True to its roots, the Synapse is built for the long haul. Providing riders with a slightly upright position, the Synapse is a comfortable ride, reducing fatigue for centuries and gran fondos.
- Frame Flex Technology: Cannondale's proprietary micro-suspension system in the frame and fork ensures the bike soaks up road chatter, making even the roughest roads feel more forgiving. Discreet flex zones in the rear triangle and seatpost are there to avoid rough bumps for the long haul.
- SmartSense: The integrated sensor, developed in partnership with Garmin, is a nifty addition. It offers insights about your ride, such as speed, route, and distance, directly to the Cannondale App. SmartSense also increases your bike's visibility on the road by automatically adjusting your front and rear lights, letting cars see you so you can focus on the ride.
- Adaptable for multiple terrains: The bike offers ample tire clearance (35mm), allowing riders to venture onto gravel or mildly rugged terrains, increasing its versatility.
- Weight: For its price, the Synapse is not the lightest on the market. While it's sturdy and reliable, some competitors offer lighter models with similar price tags.
- Less racy: The emphasis on comfort can sometimes feel compromising on the power transfer, especially for riders used to more aggressive race geometries.
- Component choices: Depending on the specific model, some components might feel out of place. A few reviews have pointed out that certain parts, like the stock saddle or the choice of brakes in the lower models, could use an upgrade.
The 2022 Cannondale Synapse is the dependable friend you'd want on a long, scenic ride, offering comfort and reliability. However, if you’re someone with a penchant for speed, looking to feel every ounce of power transfer to the road, the Synapse might leave you longing for something with a bit more bite.
Shop all Cannondale road bikes!
Local to Colorado? Come visit us at our Louisville, CO Bike Store!