Cannondale Scalpel Bikes For Sale
Shop certified pre-owned used & new Cannondale Scalpel bikes at TPC - The Pro's Closet. Find reviews, specs, weight info, and prices on various models (Carbon 3, Hi MOD) and popular years (2021, 2022, etc). Read our 2023 Cannondale Scalpel Hi Mod 1 Quick-Take Review below.
Bikes are meant
to be used.
2023 Cannondale Scalpel Hi Mod 1 Review - A TPC Rider's Quick Take
There was a ripple of anticipation coursing through as we set out to review the 2023 Cannondale Scalpel Hi Mod 1. This bike has been bred for speed and efficiency on cross-country courses yet promises the agility needed for technical trails. So, does it live up to the hype?
- XC Race Ready
- The Scalpel Hi-Mod 1 is lightning quick. With its Hi-Mod Carbon frame and 100mm of travel, it's ready to tackle anything a World Cup cross-country course can throw at it. The lightweight and efficient suspension makes it a dream to pedal uphill.
- Confidence in Descents
- The OutFront Steering Geometry makes this XC machine surprisingly capable on descents. The 68-degree head angle gives you the confidence to take on more challenging terrain than most XC bikes.
- High-quality Components
- Cannondale didn't skimp on the components. The bike features the SRAM X01 Eagle drivetrain, HollowGram 25 carbon wheels, and the proprietary Lefty Ocho Carbon fork. It's a top-shelf build that performs flawlessly.
- The Scalpel Hi-Mod 1 is a high-end race bike with a price tag to match, although not as hefty as some other lightweight XC machines. ($8,000)
- Not as Comfortable for Long Rides
- While the Scalpel is efficient and fast, some riders may find the race-focused design to be less comfortable on longer, more leisurely rides.
- Limited Versatility
- Though it handles descents well for an XC bike, it's still an XC bike. Riders looking for a more versatile trail bike may find the 100mm of travel limiting.
The Bottom Line
The 2023 Cannondale Scalpel Hi Mod 1 is a scalpel in the true sense of the word - precise, sharp, and purposeful. It's a bike that excels on cross-country courses, delivering speed and efficiency on climbs and surprising capability on descents. However, its race-focused design means it's not the most comfortable option for longer rides, and the high price tag may deter some riders.
But if you're a racer at heart looking for a bike to elevate your performance at your next cross-country event, the Scalpel Hi-Mod 1 is a worthy steed. It urges you to push harder, ride faster, and chase the top step of the podium. It demands your best effort and rewards you with exhilarating performance.